June 23, 2008

Awesome weekend in Children's Ministry

We had some record numbers yesterday in Children's Ministry!! It's sooo cool to see the number of new families that came through the doors at Barefoot.

I have to say that God is AMAZING! I don't know about you, but I find myself in utter astonishment at what power God has on this world. This OnePrayer series has really brought about some changes. There have been times when there are things that make me go, "Hmmm".

It's sad that I find myself always so busy that those moments are few and far between. If I could stop for a moment and realize and stand in God's presence, the "Hmmm" moments would begin to be more than just moments.

Barefoot is about to rock the North Myrtle Beach community. I believe that there is about to be an explosion of Jesus on this city. God is ready to do more amazing things in and through Barefoot church. It's not about Barefoot, it's about God moving. He has a plan for us all and if we can slow down for him to reveal that "Hmmm" or "Aaha"; our lives would radically move to "HNL!"

We have to be willing to reach further than the clouds, through the stars, and into the heavens to receive God's full for our lives. He stands and knocks at our doors! Are we standing on the other side shaking in our Rainbows because of what he might ask us to do? Are we saying, "Perhaps" I'll open that door in a minute?" Or are you saying, "Here I am Lord, I will go?" I pray that I become more of the latter and move away from the "Perhaps" and "In a minute."

Where do you stand? Open or closed?

Check out our newest ministry tool IslandJAM Children's Ministry group web site.

No comments: