Today I learned that even tho we go through some challenges and it seems like the day is just another day. God has the power to turn it around and do great with something that could end so terribly bad.
Today began with disappointment after disappointment. What have I learned from that? Don't put your faith in something that will only turn around to disappoint you. God will never disappoint! Today wasn't about proving or acceptance....it was about honoring. What I learned is that the only person that I need to honor is God. Today I honor my husband by honoring God! He's my father and He's the only one that I have to make proud. Galatians 1:10 say: "Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ." Once I gave the rest of the day over to Him....man amazing things began to happen.
What an awesome BarefootKids Ministry team we have. I also learned today that God brings people into position for a reason. When they are trained and then freed to do what God has called them to do....what amazing blessings they are. We have to be willing to LET GO and LET GOD. Our Elementary kids were blessed today because I stepped out of the way to allow an amazing volunteer go after reaching their full potential. In doing so...she was excited about partnering with our ministry. She felt like she was being utilized instead of just being another person. She brought an awesome message to our kids. A message that would have been unprepared, mediocre, and not God's best if I had stayed put. I am blessed to have such an awesome team who get the vision and run after it with their full heart. It's not about me. It's about partnering with people to help them reach their full potential. My responsibility as the Director is the equip people with the vision and allow God to take them to greater heights. My responsibility is not to grow our MINISTRY through our church, but to grow our CHURCH through our ministry. Today that happened. Not only were the kids blessed....but our volunteers were blessed.
Parents: Come hang out with your kids. Partner with us to help your kids make a kingdom difference. We want to walk beside you and encourage you as you work with God to Transform your kids into spiritual champions.
Thank you Barefoot Church for letting me be a part of the bigger vision.
Today began with disappointment after disappointment. What have I learned from that? Don't put your faith in something that will only turn around to disappoint you. God will never disappoint! Today wasn't about proving or acceptance....it was about honoring. What I learned is that the only person that I need to honor is God. Today I honor my husband by honoring God! He's my father and He's the only one that I have to make proud. Galatians 1:10 say: "Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ." Once I gave the rest of the day over to Him....man amazing things began to happen.
What an awesome BarefootKids Ministry team we have. I also learned today that God brings people into position for a reason. When they are trained and then freed to do what God has called them to do....what amazing blessings they are. We have to be willing to LET GO and LET GOD. Our Elementary kids were blessed today because I stepped out of the way to allow an amazing volunteer go after reaching their full potential. In doing so...she was excited about partnering with our ministry. She felt like she was being utilized instead of just being another person. She brought an awesome message to our kids. A message that would have been unprepared, mediocre, and not God's best if I had stayed put. I am blessed to have such an awesome team who get the vision and run after it with their full heart. It's not about me. It's about partnering with people to help them reach their full potential. My responsibility as the Director is the equip people with the vision and allow God to take them to greater heights. My responsibility is not to grow our MINISTRY through our church, but to grow our CHURCH through our ministry. Today that happened. Not only were the kids blessed....but our volunteers were blessed.
Parents: Come hang out with your kids. Partner with us to help your kids make a kingdom difference. We want to walk beside you and encourage you as you work with God to Transform your kids into spiritual champions.
Thank you Barefoot Church for letting me be a part of the bigger vision.
No comments:
Post a Comment