It was 12:00 AM when I went to sleep this morning, but sleep is not what happened. Not sure if God is preparing me for the late night feedings or if I seem to be a better listener at this time of night.
Pre-pregnancy, I knew that those nights when I was woken up God had something He wanted to tell me. And I was obedient; I’d get up, open my bible, or just sit in the dark in silent prayer waiting to hear His still small voice.
Well last night I was trying to resist His call to me. He had my mind just racing. He began talking to me about Scuba Diving vs. Snorkeling. He was talking to me about going deeper in my relationship with Him, my husband, my friends, kids/leaders in the children’s ministry, their parents, the leadership team, and with myself. I begged God, “Please let me sleep. Can’t we talk about this in the morning?” Sleep has been somewhat of a challenge for me towards the later part of my pregnancy. Finding the right spot that will be comfortable for me and the baby to sleep has been a struggle. But nights like last night when I found that comfy spot and was ready to snooze, SCUBA DIVERs started rolling around in my mind.
This is the next step for IslandJAM Children’s Ministry; getting great SCUBA DIVERs. If you think about it….when you Snorkel, you’re usually just swimming on the surface of the water. Occasionally you can dive down, but not for long or you’ll get a mouth full of water. With Scuba diving, you can go much deeper. There is also more involved with Scuba diving, specialized equipment, licensing, language, and how to handle dangerous situations. This is where we’re going in IslandJAM, DEEPER. Stay tuned for more information as God reveals His plans for me and His ministry.
September 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment