October 4, 2007

Catalyst 2007 - 1st Day Experience

Well, this was the first day of the Catalyst 2007 Leadership conference in Atlanta. Our day started when we woke up at about 4:45am to be at the Red Carpet event at 6:45am. Penny and I had a great first day. So it’s been a long day but what an awesome experience to worship and learn with 11,000 other attendees.

It was very exciting to see such a diverse group of people coming together to learn about being a Catalyst in their church, community, and in the Kingdom. There were older adults, high school kids, 20 somethings, 30 somethings, 40 somethings, there were familes (babies) all at this great experience.

There are a lot of wonderful resources for different areas of ministry. Some of which I have invested in. I’m so excited to share what God has laid on my heart for the Children’s Ministry at Barefoot.

The only downfalls are the eating arrangements and exit strategy at the end of the conference. Other than that, the worship is great, the speakers are great. We broke the Guinness Book of World record for the most bubbles blown and the most bubbles broken by a Frisbee.

The speakers were great this first day. Once I have the opportunity to get my notes together I will put another post out recapping the day.

Look forward to what tomorrow has in store. I’m praying that I’ll be able to sleep better tonight so that I can be energized for tomorrow’s activities.

No comments: