October 21, 2008

Getting Back on Track

As I sit here and work through an asmtha attack, which I haven't had in a long time. I can't help but think that my creator is trying to get my attention. I sit and write because during these times I often sleep in a way that keeps my wonderful husband up. So, he's taken a head start this evening in getting to bed. My prayer is that when I finally do hit the sack, my breathing will be at peace and not bring about sleep disruption.

So my thoughts are: 1) Am I making wise choices in the things that I eat and drink? 2) Am I getting a good nights sleep? 3) Since my asmtha is usually stress or emotionally induced: are there stressers or emotions going on to contribute to the dilinquencey of air in my lungs? 4) How am I honoring God in the life that I live? 5) What immediate actions can I take today to make a change? 6) What I do, who do I do it for? 7) What do I see others as having more value than myself? 8) Can I focus upward instead of outward? 9) Who is the center of my life? 10) Am I willing to make the changes necessary to get back on track? And who can I ask to be my accountability partner?

Lord, I know that I am fearfully and wonderfully made. I pray that I allow that to resonate in my heart and not just my head. Lord, my desire is to make you happy in the way that I live and lead my life. I pray that I may be the light that you've called me to be. I pray that I receive wisdom in doing the things that challenge me. I pray that I be able to embrace change and create change in all areas of my life. Change is good. As the leaves fall and winter takes its entrance. The earth begins its preparation for renewal, rebirth, and resurrection. These areas where we feel dead are great because just as Christ died, so have I and I have been reborn into his family.

Embrace change, it's inevitable.

No comments: