October 10, 2007

A Test of Faith

Well I stepped out on faith today after a long early morning with God. He has the tendency to wake me up in the wee hours of the night to have a chat. Of course some of my early morning thoughts were about whether or not I was prepared mentally, physically, financially, and spiritually for the new life that is about to enter into my world. I also had thoughts of okay, this is uncomfortable, are these pre-labor contractions?

Anyway, I spent about 3 ½ hours writing a letter to the leadership team of the children’s ministry. I let them in on a little secret of mine – well some may say that it’s not so much a secret. I told them that I wasn’t good at asking for help. But that it was time for me to do so.

At the Catalyst Conference – Rick Warren spoke about Moses. God asked Moses what he was holding in his hand. Moses replied that it was a staff. God then challenged Moses to throw that staff on the ground. Moses obeyed and was amazed by God’s miracle. (Turning the staff into a serpent) Moses then picked the serpent and it changed back into a staff. What I got from this illustration – whether Mr. Warren was going in this direction or not was – God is asking me what I have in my hands. For me that’s Children’s Ministry. He’s asking me to put it down, let go of it, so He can do miracles. So, I decided to put a call out to the Children’s Ministry leadership team – I’m letting go to allow God to work miracles through other people. I feel a huge load lifted off my shoulders and I’m anxiously awaiting to see how God is going to respond through others.

No comments: