November 4, 2009

My Sparkling Gem: never-give-up attitude

In my study today of God's word....the message spoke very loud and clear to me.

1 Tim 3:1

In the midst of the situations and circumstances in my life, have I maintained the never-give-up attitude?

In today's message the writer talks about people living in despair and how heartbreaking it is to see them having lost all hope and a sense of purpose in life. Many times we can feel sorry for those people because life seems so bleak and that their situation seemed so desperate. But is that the right thing to do?

It is sadly true that many believers live low-level lives simple because they have no ambition, passion, or desire to do anything to improve themselves. Their complacent attitude prevents them from ever doing anything better with their lives. Considering the fact that the Spirit of God lives in believers and wants to take them higher, it is hard to understand why any believer would act in a way contrary to what God wants for them.

As I continued my study, I began to look back at the situations and circumstances in my life and have realized, I too have been complacent and sat around in a puddle of mediocrity, satisfied with the status quo. So today's prayer and and confession for the day become my meditation:

Lord, please help me stir up my desire to make significant changes in my life. I am so sorry for the times I've allowed complacency to keep me stuck in the same ol' place for such a long time. I want to change. I want to grow. I want to be different. I am asking You to supernaturally fill me with so much desire that no power on earth and no force in hell can stop me from becoming everything You want me to be! I confess that I am filled with enough desire to make significant leaps forward in my life. I am not going to stay the same as I have been in the past. I am getting up and moving forward. I'm stretched out to the goal and completely committed to achieving the dream God has for me. I will not stop, nor will I allow anything to distract me from reaching out to become ALL that God has planned for me to be. I declare this by faith in Jesus' name!

No comments: